Rev. Don Tuttle
Don came to North Central Christian Church following more than 13 years as senior pastor of First Christian Church in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Don also has served churches in Florida, Kentucky and Louisiana and has been active in the regional and general manifestations of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
He has been married to Joan since 1983, and they have two children. Ian is a writer for National Review in New York. Owen is a senior at Reagan High School and on his way to the University of Texas next fall.
Rev. Polly Angle
Polly joined the staff in August 2000. She has served churches in south Texas since her graduation from Southwestern University with a Bachelor of Music and Christian Education in 1981. At North Central Christian Church she coordinates worship and music, as well as provides leadership for ministry teams. Polly completed her Masters of Divinity from Perkins School of Theology (SMU) and received her ordination in May 2009.
“God has been gracious and provided excellent, committed, and skillful leaders and musicians to NCCC. It is a joy to serve a congregation that is always open to new and creative ways of sharing God’s love with the world! Come share your own unique gifts as we learn and grow in Christ together.” Polly recently married Steve Angle, who shares her love of music and minsitry.
Laila is a wife and mother. She has a B.A. in Sociology from William Paterson University, is trained as a Stephen Minister and is certified in the ministry of spiritual direction. To refresh another’s heart in Christ is her inspiration in life (Letter to Philemon, v. 20).
To love others as Christ loves us, faithfully learning, serving and growing together.
North Central Christian Church does not require its members to embrace a uniform set of beliefs beyond believing that “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and our Lord and Savior.” Other beliefs that are generally accepted among our members are stated in the Preamble to the Design of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
We believe that…
- Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and through him we are reconciled to God, receiving forgiveness, direction and hope
- All Christians are free to follow their conscience as guided by the Bible, the Holy Spirit, prayer and reason
- Baptism symbolizes the death of the old self-centered life and rising to a new life of trust in God; baptism by immersion best reflects the biblical tradition but that other baptismal traditions are equally valid; by virtue of baptism all Christians, both ordained ministers and laypersons, share leadership in worship, service and spiritual growth
- The Lord’s Supper is to be celebrated weekly in worship and is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ
- All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service
For more information about the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), visit www.disciples.org
Our core values
The Good News of Jesus Christ… in which God’s redeeming love for the world is made known!
Worship… where community celebrates and God is glorified.
Scripture… for there we find our guide for life and faith.
Discipleship… through which we walk closer to God and grow spiritually.
Family… where God is at work shaping the lives of future generations.
Community… where we experience belonging, forgiveness, love and acceptance.
Compassion… which leads us to share God’s love with others.
18503 Sigma Road
San Antonio, TX 78258
Mon – Fri: 10 am – 5 pm